Venue: The Capesthorne Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Sarah Baxter Democratic Services Officer
Note: To register to speak on an application please email Speakingatplanning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor J Hammond.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 17/3853M, Councillor S Hogben declared he was a Director of ANSA who had been a consultee, however he had not made any comments or discussed the application.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 17/3853M, councillor L Wardlaw declared that she was Portfolio Holder for Health which encompassed playing pitches and open spaces.
In the interest of openness Councillor D Hough declared that he was a Director of TSS who organised bus routes, however he had not discussed bus routes with anyone.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 18/0228N, Councillor L Smetham declared that she was a Director of Orbitas who were responsible for cemeteries.
It was noted that all Members had received correspondence relating to application 17/3853M.
To approve the minutes of the previous two meetings held on 28 March 2018 and 4 April 2018 as a correct record.
That the minutes of the meetings held on 28 March 2018 and 4 April 2018 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following individuals/groups:
· Members who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board and are not the Ward Member
That the public speaking procedure be noted.
17/3853M-Outline planning application with means of access to be determined (all other matters reserved for subsequent approval) for the erection of up to 190 dwellings (Class C3); the provision of serviced land for allotments; a community orchard, a playing pitch, landscaping and open space; new internal highways, car and cycle parking; sustainable drainage measures including surface water retention ponds, provision of utilities infrastructure; earthworks and all ancillary enabling works, Land North of, Northwich Road, Knutsford for Mr Steve Melligan, The Crown Estate PDF 683 KB
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Councillor S Gardiner, the Ward Councillor, Debbie Jamison, an objector, Brian Chaplin, representing Knutsford's Nether Ward Community Group (NWCG), Supporter and Stacey Green, the agent for the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
(1) That the application be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation) in consultation with the Chairman to approve subject to further negotiation detailing the contribution, terms and triggers for the highway works (to be secured by way of s106 Agreement required for Canute Place to include consultation with Ward Councillors.
(2) Approval shall be subject to prior completion of a s106 Agreement securing:-
- Provision of 57 affordable units.
- Educational contribution of £91,000 towards SEN places.
- Serviced allotments to be provided
- Recreation open space including a junior playing pitch secured + management
- Public open space on site provision secured
- £60,000 to a signal controlled pedestrian crossing on Northwich Road
- £28,500 towards fitness equipment at Knutsford Leisure Centre
- £191,520 contribution towards bring 3 Knutsford GP practices together, redevelopment or relocation of Annandale Medical Centre
- the negotiated quantum and triggers negotiated under (1) above towards Canute Place highway improvement works.
And subject to the following conditions:-
1. Outline time limit
2. Reserved matters to be submitted, to include landscaping, scale, layout, appearance
3. Phasing plan to be submitted as part of reserved matters
4. Approved Plan and document condition
5. The development hereby permitted shall not commence until a full detailed drainage strategy detailing on and off site drainage works has been submitted to and approved in writing by the LPA. The strategy shall include a detailed maintenance regime of the proposed system. The strategy shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details before completion of the development. Thereafter the drainage system shall be retained, managed and maintained in accordance with the approved details.
6. Foul and surface water to be drained on separate systems.
7. Any future reserved matters application shall be supported by an Arboricultural Impact Assessment and Tree Protection Plan in accordance with para 5.4 and 5.5 of BS5837:2012 Trees in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction Recommendations.
8. Each phase of the development hereby approved shall incorporate a mix of units of -
- 1 bed and/or 2 bed dwellings – between 10% and 30% of the number of
- 3 bed dwellings – between 20% and 40% of the number of dwellings
- 4 bed and/or 5 bed dwellings – between 20% and 40% of the number of
- a minimum of 5 % of the units shall be bungalows or units for single storey
The 1st reserved matters application shall provide a strategy for the distribution of all the housing across the site in accordance with these parameters. Thereafter the housing on each phase of development shall accord with the housing mix details provided unless otherwise approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
9. Major ... view the full minutes text for item 112.
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
That for the reasons set out in the report and in the written update to the Board, the application be approved subject to following conditions:-
1. Standard time limit (3 years)
2. Accordance with approved plans
3. Materials to be submitted and approved
4. Development to be carried out in accordance with submitted noise impact assessment
5. Validation test of any fixed plant / noise generative equipment to be submitted and approved
6. Submission of an Environmental Management Plan
7. Additional Phase II Land contamination investigations and assessments to be submitted and approved
8. Accesses constructed in accordance with submitted details prior to first use
9. Development to be carried out in accordance with submitted ecological survey
10. Survey for nesting birds if works carried out during nesting season
11. Scheme to incorporate features suitable for breeding birds
12. Development to be carried out in accordance with submitted Flood Risk Assessment
13. Submission of a sustainable drainage management and maintenance plan scheme
14. Details of foul water drainage to be submitted
15. Surface water drainage strategy to be submitted
16. Updated off site landscaping scheme and planting plan to be submitted and approved
17. Landscape scheme to be submitted
18. Landscape implementation
19. Tree retention in accordance with submitted details
20. Hours of construction restricted
21. Piling method statement
22. An updated Travel Plan shall be submitted within 6 months of the first occupation of the approved development and shall be implemented and maintained thereafter.
23. Details of external lighting to be submitted and approved
24. Details of cycle parking to be submitted and approved
25. Construction Traffic Management Plan shall be submitted, approved and implemented.
(In addition it was noted that an informative would need to be added to the
decision to ensure the applicant would be required to enter into a 278
In order to give proper effect to the Board`s intent and without changing the substance of its decision, authority is delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation) in consultation with the Chairman (or in their absence the Vice Chairman) to correct any technical slip or omission in the resolution, before issue of the decision notice.
To consider the above report.
Consideration was given to the above report.
The Board endorsed the key areas for response as set out in Appendix 3 of the report and recommended that officers also comment on the following matters:
• Stronger penalties for developers who fail to progress approved residential developments
• Better guidance on minimum space standards for new housing
• Highlighting the mismatch between generous permitted development rights for homes in the green belt and the continued national policy of restricting disproportionate extensions in green belt areas. Permitted development rights should be better aligned with green belt policy.