Decision maker: Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care and Integration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To determine the award of Connected Communities Centre social franchisee status to eight applicants which meet the criteria approved by Cheshire East Council
1. the Connected Communities Centre status be awarded to the following venues:
· Booth Lane Methodist Church, Middlewich, Cledford
· Changing Lives Community Centre, Crewe East
· Stapeley Village Hall, Nantwich South & Stapeley
· Victoria Hall, Middlewich Town
· Alsager Library
· Middlewich Library
· Nantwich Library
· Sandbach Library
2. a grant of a maximum of £5,000 over 2 years be awarded to reserve the use of facilities for the delivery of early intervention and prevention services to Changing Lives Community Centre, Victoria Hall, Booth Lane Methodist Church and Stapeley Village Hall. The libraries will not receive the social franchise grant.
The venues with support from their local network/neighbourhood partnerships have agreed to become a Connected Communities Centre and adhere to the criteria set out in the revised social franchise model.
The proposed organisations have been selected by local neighbourhood partnerships made up of key stakeholders in that locality. No other appropriate venues within these localities to date have applied to be considered for franchise status.
Publication date: 04/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Effective from: 12/12/2018