Councillor Lesley Smetham
Title: Support Member to the Strategic Communities Portfolio Holder
Phone: 01625 426173
Cheshire East Council
Westfields, Middlewich Road
- Cabinet Member for Housing, Planning Economic Development and Regeneration, with the Cabinet Member for Strategic Communities
- Cabinet Member for Strategic Communities
- Communities Policy Development Group
- Environment and Prosperity Policy Development Group
- Lay Members Appointments Committee
- Licensing Committee
Terms of office
- 02/05/2008 - 09/05/2011
- 09/05/2011 -
Appointments to outside bodies
- Chelford Sand Quarry Liaison Group
- Cheshire Association of Local Councils Executive Committee
- Cheshire Community Action Executive Committee
- Eaton Hall Sand Quarry Liaison Group Congleton
- Macclesfield Local Area Partnership
- Silk Heritage Trust
Administration: Local Government, Insurance and Engineering.
Gawsworth Parish Councillor since 1999 and previous Chair.
Gawsworth School Governor and Chair of Community and Environment Sub-Committee.
Macclesfield Civic Society Committee Member (previous Chair).
Elected as Shadow Borough Councillor to the new Cheshire East Unitary Council in May 2008. Committee responsibilities include:-
v Cabinet Assistant Sustainable Communities.
v Children & Families Overview & Scrutiny Committee.
v Environment & Prosperity Overview & Scrutiny Committee, Planning North.
v Lay Members Appointments Committee.
v Trustee of Macclesfield Silk Heritage.
v Secretary – Family History Society of Cheshire.
v Co-ordinator – Research Centre FHSoC.
MA (Environment, Policy & Society) (Open).
BSc (Hons) (Open).
JD (Judging Diploma – Animal Care College).
DBC (Dog Breeding Certificate – Animal Care College).
Social, local, natural and family history; reading; sport; needlework; gardening and others – but not all at once!
My husband, David and I, celebrated our Ruby Wedding Anniversary in 2009. We were both born in Luton, Bedfordshire, but have traced our ancestors from all over Britain, including Cheshire. We lived in Bedfordshire and in Brussels before moving to Gawsworth in 1985.