Venue: The Assembly Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Sarah Baxter Democratic Services Officer
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors D Brown and J Hammond.
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests and for Members to declare if they have made a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
Councillors W J Macrae, C Thorley and G Walton declared personal interests in application 11/0637M-Erection of a New Bat House; Freestanding, Single Storey with Roof Void. Gross Internal Area (Gia): 72.4 Sq M, Gross External Area (Gea): 85.3 Sq M Land at Stamford Lodge, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow for Waters Realty Holdings Ltd and application 11/0644M-Demolition of Stamford Lodge-The Erection of New Mass Spectrometry HQ Building, Offices and Ancillary Accommodation Plus Roof Top Plant Room, Car Parking and new Landscaping, new road access to Altrincham Road, Land at Stamford Lodge, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow for Waters Realty Holdings Ltd by virtue of the fact that the Ecologist speaking in relation to the applications was also an advisor on the Cheshire Compensation Brine Board of which they were all Members and in accordance with the Code of Conduct they remained in the meeting during consideration of the application.
Councillor R E West declared a personal interest in the same applications by virtue of the fact that he had been acquainted with some of the people representing the applicant in his former career working for Astra Zeneca and in accordance with the Code of Conduct he remained in the meeting during consideration of the application.
To approve the minutes as a correct record.
That the minutes be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for the planning application for Ward Councillors who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board.
A total period of 3 minutes is allocated for the planning application for the following individuals/groups:
In accordance with the public speaking procedure the Chairman in conjunction with the remaining Members of the Board exercised their right to extend the public speaking time to a maximum of ten minutes for each speaker. This extension was allowed due the exceptional circumstances surrounding the nature of the application.
That the extension to the public speaking time be approved.
(Prior to consideration of the application, Councillor S R Wilkinson arrived to the meeting).
11/0637M-Erection of a New Bat House; Freestanding, Single Storey with Roof Void. Gross Internal Area (Gia): 72.4 Sq M, Gross External Area (Gea): 85.3 Sq M Land at Stamford Lodge, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow for Waters Realty Holdings Ltd PDF 83 KB
(During consideration of the application, Councillor J Wray arrived to the meeting and in accordance with the Code of Conduct he did not take part in the debate or vote on the application).
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application and an oral report of the site inspection.
(Sacha Rogers, an Ecologist for the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That the application be approved subject to the following conditions:-
1. Detail on plan overridden by condition
2. Commencement of development (3 years)
3. Details of materials to be submitted
4. Amending materials - no UPVC
5. Bat survey results to be sumbmitted as per Environmental Report
6. Prior to the demolition of Stamford Lodge the applicant to submit a scheme, including scheduling, to the Local Planning Authority for the reuse of timbers from Stamford Lodge in the bat house as approved and for the translocation of bat droppings from Stamford Lodge into the bat house. Such proposals shall be implemented in full accordance with the approved scheme unless otherwise agreed in writing.
7. The demolition of Stamford Lodge shall not commence until one full bat maternity season has passed after the completion of the replacement bat house hereby approved and in full accordance with the details specified in the Environmental Appraisal for the bat house dated April 2011.
8. The results of all bat monitoring surveys undertaken at the replacement bat house together with any remedial mitigation shall be submitted to and agreed by the LPA for a period to be agreed with the Local Planning Authority in conjunction with Natural England. Thereafter the works shall be implemented in full accordance with the details as approved.
9. No development hereby approved shall commence until full details of the proposed surface water drainage from the bat house have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The approved details shall thereafter be implemented in full before the building is first occupied or brought into use.
11/0644M-Demolition of Stamford Lodge-The Erection of New Mass Spectrometry HQ Building, Offices and Ancillary Accommodation Plus Roof Top Plant Room, Car Parking and new Landscaping, new road access to Altrincham Road, Land at Stamford Lodge, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow for Waters Realty Holdings Ltd PDF 255 KB
To consider the above application.
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application, a written update and an oral update by the Principal Planning Officer.
(Councillor D Stockton, a Cheshire East Borough Councillor, Town Councillor J B Crockatt, representing Wilmslow Town Council, Chris Wigley, representing CycleWilmslow, Terry Shortt, agent representing the applicant and Anthony Ridgway, agent representing the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That the application be delegated for approval to the Head of Planning and Housing in consultation with the Chairman subject to the following conditions:-
1. Provision of car parking
2. Construction of access
3. Commencement of development (3 years)
4. Vehicular visibility at access
5. Provision of cycle parking
6. Landscaping (implementation)
7. Provision of shower, changing, locker and drying facilities
8. Materials as application
9. Protection for breeding birds
10.Landscaping to include details of boundary treatment /Sunken Garden
11.Submission of additional landscape details routes of footpaths and
cycleway to the frontage
12.Submission of landscape/woodland management plan
13.Protection from noise during construction (hours of construction)
14.Details of ground levels to be submitted
15.Protection of highway from mud and debris
16.Submission of construction method statement
17.no devt within 30m of an identifed sett
18.compliance with waste audit to be submitted
19.drainage to be in accordance with the plans approved by the Environment Agency
20.remediation of site
21.plans as per the application
23.10% decentralised energy supply
24. BREEAM very good certification within 6 mnth 1st occupation
25. Lighting of site as per the application
26.Pre Construction Badger survey to be submitted as per submitted Badger report
27.No development shall take place within the area indicated until the applicant, or their agents or successors in title, has secured the implementation of a programme of archaeological work in accordance with a written scheme of investigation which has been submitted by the applicant and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The work shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the approved scheme.
And subject to the completion of a S106 Legal Agreement comprising of the following Heads of Terms and to address and further issues raised in the consultation:-
1. Public Open Space – Amenity Contribution - the sum of £42, 190.00 to be paid to the Council for enhancements, additions and improvements to offsite amenity open space, at Jim Evison playing fields and Burnt Hey Wood for improvements and additions to the footpath and access network, and it's amenity and the creation of a fitness/trim/exercise trail and equipment.
2. Public Open Space – Recreation Contribution – the sum of £139, 380.00 to be paid to the Council for use at Jim Evison playing fields and pavilion, access and parking.
3. Multi User Route Contribution – The Carrs – the sum of £37, 500 to provide enabling funding for the creation of a multi user route (pedestrian and cycling) and connecting spurs ... view the full minutes text for item 6.